« Home | Original Thought vs. First Thought » | A Treatise on Original Thought » | Coincidence and Similitude, the Case for 'is' » | Determinism, Belief, and Free Will » | Playing Full Card Bingo » | Some more fractals » | I Feel Emboldened » | To Seek: To Engage; To Change » | Yin and Yang and Chaotic Pooh » | PEACE, language, change, death, etc. »

Convergence of Rabbits

Note: If you thought yesterday's blog was an 'unusual' read, wait until you check out this one! Admittedly, it is more off-the-wall than I would normally have written it. I'm in the mood/mode for a stream-of-consciousness flow today, so that's what will be forthcoming. Rabbits hold it altogether!

Note further, I am not at any level of hypomania or other altered mind-state....it's just a 'fun' write for a break and a difference, intended to be read the same way.

________________________________________________
"They were scary bunny rabbits." - Barry Watson

"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen. " - John Steinbeck

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit.
"No," said Pooh, humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way." - Winnie the Pooh, by A.A. Milne

Today's story is about rabbits, relationships and our good old friend serendipity once again. They say rabbits are known for being able to do the multiplication tables faster than adders can add. Watch this.

Earlier this week, I went to a concert with a friend of mine featuring Taj Mahal and Ruthie Foster. It was a splendidly wonderful concert. After the show, I asked him if I could borrow "Alice in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass", (stories containing a rabbit as a character), since I had never read them, and I had remembered being told that Lewis Carroll wrote an underlying script behind the children's version of the story. Since I now "see" that more and more in words, I wanted to read the two books and see if I was aware of it. You may be feeling a sense of deja vu, because I made this exact same point in yesterday's blog which I titled "Original Thought vs. First Thought". If you take a look back at that entry, you'll notice a picture of a cat with a very similar rabbit snuggled up beside it. That picture popped up on google search when I did an 'image' search on the word 'coincidence'. Coincidental that it happened to contain a rabbit.

The only other things on the page with the picture were a couple cartoonish drawings, and a single hyperlink for the word 'literary'. I didn't bother to click on it, because I was satisfied with the picture I had found. After what occured this morning, however, (keep reading!!), I went back to that page, clicked on the link, and found a page with a host of other links, one of which was....believe it or not... "Reading Lewis Carroll" . Holy rabbit hole, batman. That link uncovered the picture I show you here today. A hyperlink is like a rabbithole into a web page.

So, you bemusedly acknowledge, there was a tittilating coincidence about rabbits. Not surprising. After all, they're prolific. Yeah. Well, check this out. A couple days ago, I left a comment on another site which had made reference to a rabbit in a field. I didn't mention yesterday here on my blog that, as I left my friend's place with the books and drove away, a single rabbit was hopping down the middle of the street, the only living thing in sight. Now, granted my friend lives close to the river valley, so it's not a totally unseen sight, but he's in a built-up residential area so it's quite uncommon.

Still not impressed? Today, when I sat down to write what I had intended to be a blog entry following up on the coding that I see in the linguistics of writing which I started to address yesterday, I first took a look at the StatsCounter site that gathers information about who visits my site, from where, how often, etc., since I hadn't looked for some time. Ah yes, big brother is watching! Well, yesterday, I had a visit from a site called....wait for it..... http://bunnyriddles.blogspot.com/. It's a blog that presents a series of eight riddles, and presumably if you solve (one or more?) you get a password to get access to the site (much like which pill to swallow...go ask Alice?). Not only that, but the entire site was just created the day before yesterday, Friday, the 21st, almost as if it was created especially for me; the profile shows it's created jointly by a 15-year-old from Ft. Lauderdale. One of the riddles is a quote from A.A. Milne ** (see note at end), the author of Winnie the Pooh that I quoted above BEFORE I just went back now to count the riddles, the other seven attributed to Saeculorum, who is also listed as the co-author of the site, but with no profile available. (Sounds suspiciously like it would be pronounced "gary" in old Latin dialect, but my memory of high school Latin fails me now). Now, why would he be tripping across this site of mine?

On Daddy Jar Bucks site the other day, (a site I check out regularly, and the fellow who first got me interested in fractals, which led to Chaos Theory, which led to recognizing the strong parallels between Chaos Theory and 'is' Theory), he had a fractal he titled "Go Ask Alice", because he had created a fractal which so much looked like the rabbit hole in Wonderland..

It's all just too much! Coincidence.

"A sly rabbit will have three openings to its den" - Chinese proverb.

The pattern of three. Necessary for the universal plan. Mathematically provable and proven within the scope of Chaos Theory, the scientific complement to the non-scientific (so far) 'is' Theory.

Random musings, flow of consciousness. Connectedness.

Not Coincidence at all.

{COINCIDENCE......NOT-COINCIDENCE}

Did I mention I ate a chocolate rabbit for Easter last weekend? I feel so guilty! It must be revenge of the rabbitoids! (or rabid turds). I'm being cursed for posting this picture on my site before Easter. So cruel! "The Revenge of the Killer Rabbits!"


"I've learned that if you read something that is unintelligible gibberish, it was probably written by a lawyer." - Age 48

Did I mention I passed the bar last week? Stopped in for a drink, and they gave me my licence. My licence to write gibberish. And that's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me Harvey. (Harvey was a giant imaginary rabbit that Jimmy Stewart talked with in a bar in a classic, and very old, film).

Today's blog was brought to you by the letters 'RA' and "BIT", showing a rare bit of difference from the norm. Could you just imagine if this turned out to make sense to anyone? What a rarebit of subtle humour that would be. (P.S. Rarebit: def-n: Welsh rabbit).



A link about how the PEACE rabbit soothes the savage brats in Duluth library. Read all about it in Winnie the Pooh or Alice in Wonderland, available in any kids section of a public library. Or right here, where all rabbits converge.

(Note: Tomorrow, we'll return to our regular broadcast!)

(** Note: It's half an hour later, and I went back to muse over some of the riddles....It was my error: the 8th riddle wasn't quoted from A.A Milne, but rather J.K Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series....I wonder why I would have mis-seen that?)



"WHEW" - *wiping brow* :)

Kshippychic: Probably best read while munching on some Easter brownies!

R, you also know another Chaos, DJB is also known in other sites as TotalChaos. Ha, still trying and understanding more of what you are writing.

Another coincidence. One of my blogs contains a link to a Brazilian blog that I check regularly, vilagaucha.blogspot.com. On April 13, 2006 a post on that blog featured the picture of the chocolate bunnies featured in your post today, but with the caption written in Portuguese: "Comeram minha bunda." But then, 'tis the season for bunnies.

DJB: That's wildly chaotic! If you're the TOTAL chaos, you may be the perfect answer! {smile!}
P.S. I'm glad to hear you're trying to make sense of it...because it is quite ordered to me, I'm just having difficulty finding the 'right' words to get my ideas across. As lng as we both keep working at it from both ends towards the middle, we'll have a meeting of the minds sooner or later.

Gary: A further coincidence (or not) to your comment is that my last name is Cameron ...compare that to your Portuguese friends caption "Comeram"...just one letter different, but then again, there always 'is' a uniqueness!!

Oooooooo.....the mind jelly is shaking!

Post a Comment


  • I'm Evydense
  • From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • And I'm tired of living in the shadow of narrow-mindedness and ignorance. So here's the fax, Jack! "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." - Lynne Lavner*** I'm confused; curious; satisfied; realistically resigned to being a frustrated idealist; usually at peace with myself, but not always. Amazed at how little I know, and wondering how much I need to understand.
More of Me