« Home | Bear Hugs » | It's A Dog's Life » | While I'm In The Mood » | Have You Ever Wondered...... » | Positive Thinking » | Please Understand... I'm Not Taking Sides Here! » | A Bit More History, Since You Seem Interested! » | "We Have The Right To Bear Arms" » | Teaching The Lesson That Counts Most » | The Bridge Builder »

It Sounds Banal; But It's Still True!

"Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.” - Bruce Lee

If you were graduated yesterday, and have learned nothing today, you will be uneducated tomorrow.” - anon

Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power.” - anon

(P.S. Thanks to all of you for letting me know yesterday that the quotes are worthwhile. To be honest, I wasn't expecting that many to respond! Thanks muchly. < grin > )




After awhile, you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul.

And you learn that love doesn't mean leaning.

And you learn to understand that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises.

And you begin to accept your defeats with your head held high and your eyes wide open.

And after awhile you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much.

So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.

And you learn that you you really can endure,
That you really are strong
And you really do have worth.

And you learn
and learn
....and you learn.

With every goodbye, you learn.






FOOTNOTE: I'm continuing to sort through many boxes of "stuff" that I've accumulated over the years. This particular piece was the toast I gave to the grads of our programme one year (1989 to be exact!).

PEACE.




  • I'm Evydense
  • From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • And I'm tired of living in the shadow of narrow-mindedness and ignorance. So here's the fax, Jack! "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." - Lynne Lavner*** I'm confused; curious; satisfied; realistically resigned to being a frustrated idealist; usually at peace with myself, but not always. Amazed at how little I know, and wondering how much I need to understand.
More of Me