« Home | Modern Rules For Governing Your Life » | my computer is as Dead As A Doorpost » | I Am So Truly Blessed... » | By Special Request.. » | Confessions, Calling All-Techies And Holidays » | Today Is Brought To You By The Letters Z,I,G and Y » | The Word Today Is SECURITY » | Bloody Frustrating Techie Question #1 » | By George...He's Got It » | The Words For Today are APPRECIATION, ATONEMENT »

Well, Isn't Life Just Diggity-Dog Sometimes


First off folks, one and all, please accept my apologies for not answering your replies more promptly or more directly. The frank truth is....I just haven't been feeling up to it. I could give you a litany of excuses, but I won't. Just let this post serve as "Yes", "I agree", "You liked it eh? Thanks a lot ", "I nearly spit on the screen when I read that!" "Do you really think so", "What a great idea, I wonder if there's anything we can do about it." "Yeah, I heard. Wasn't that sad", "I've been tagged by....", "No."

and consider me all caught up, okay? And if I've left any out that have put your nose out of joint, well, consider it included too. Are we all okay with that?



And on a much heavier note.....EVERYONE listen to TotalChaos's reply to my post from yesterday. EVERYONE!! That's a direct instruction. (I'll be checking your homework....spelling counts....sometimes!). Do it now....do it daily. After all, you treat sex with that kind of respect, is it too much to ask.....



So, here's my anticipation for the day. I'm planning on going to Ottawa for a big family Christmas (although it makes me VERY nervous for reasons you wouldn't guess at (agaraphobia would be one hint), but your guess would likely assume incorrectly. It's our favorite aunt's 90th birthday, so everyone wants to have a family pow-wow. Fine. I've gotten past the flying thing (I hope!), and checked in with the airline the other day just to follow up on the reservation. They have absolutely no record or indication that the entry has ever even been made. I have an official transcript (receipt)and an entry on my VISA statement showing that it's already been paid. There is no question in my mind that this will make my "condition" much more difficult to deal with. I really don't need that today.

I'm supposed to be leaving next Thursday, so now we're ready to move back into panic mode pretty quickly.





The word for today is objective. We are told to be objective, to know what's going on around us, and to face the reality of the world outside ourselves. This is sound advice only when we understand that there is a reality inside us too that is just as real. Our inner world consists of our thoughts, our feelings, our memories, and promptings from our intuition. A person who is really in charge of his life moves back and forth between these two worlds with ease and confidence, and neither the inner or the outer is neglected.



I find this putting me a tad on the outside looking in, in light of an "experiment" I've been conducting on myself. If you remember, one of the symptoms that I start noticing when I'm moving into a manic state is that I have the world's answer (please note": not the world's ANSWERS...just one answer is all we need, right!) The tough part is getting the right people to hear it. So, I thought I'd try it in reverse this time and see what happened. I haven't had the TV on, I haven't read a line of newsprint and the radio has remained silent in the Cameron household for the past 6 weeks now. And y'know what? I don't miss it in the slightest. I truly don't. I couldn't tell you who was in the last accident or shooting, or how many got blown up in Iraq today. I couldn't tell you if Canada's secret police have arrested another citizen without due process. I couldn't tell you how the McCarthy revival of the speech police in the States is coming along. I couldn't tell you what's happening in Darfur or Southern Africa. And I couldn't tell you last night's hockey score.

And you know what?

I DON'T CARE!!!!

I really don't feel I've missed out on anything, and I'm getting so used to it, it may become habit. I'll have to re-evaluate in view of today's "Word for the Day's" thoughts. The only change I've noticed is that I'm getting more done more quickly.

Just when I was about to start my experiment, a friend said something that deeply resonated with me. She said, "You're not giving up the news. You're just giving up the new's version of the news."

And I thought...

Yeah.

PEACE.



Sometimes, I just don't feel up to stuff either. It's ok Evy. Just as long as you are ok.

Ohhh Ricky, Rick ,Rick...ya hafta know the hockey score!!!!!
I shall keep you on top of that action:)
We kicked Minnesotas ass last night.3-1....now for the bad news.....Colorado beat our asses tonight..4-1:(

Post a Comment


  • I'm Evydense
  • From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • And I'm tired of living in the shadow of narrow-mindedness and ignorance. So here's the fax, Jack! "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." - Lynne Lavner*** I'm confused; curious; satisfied; realistically resigned to being a frustrated idealist; usually at peace with myself, but not always. Amazed at how little I know, and wondering how much I need to understand.
More of Me