« Home | Self-editing in a toxic way » | Convergence? » | Tell me this is more than sheer coincidence » | BAT- In a Nutshell » | What's in a word » | Time in a bottle » | I am a dot....in the beginning »

I've changed my minds again


BACK TO BAT (aka the theory of 'is')

After writing that last entry, it occurred to me so clearly again that everything is ALWAYS a matter of choice, default or otherwise. I haven't learned to trust my choices enough. Sometimes, choices become habits, and I've obviously fallen into the 'who the hell cares anymore' habit. I usually get that way, I've noticed, when there are things like elections or major stupidly destructive things going on in the world, controlled by stupidly powerful people.

I got an e-mail from a close friend today reminding me to vote, and also passed on to me the e-mail address of a friend of his in South America who is dedicating his life to work for world peace. Who the hell am I to question that, let alone not totally support it? What a hypocrite that would make me!

I keep forgetting that I'm the most powerful person on the face of the earth. And so are you. So, I'm reniging on my earlier decision to give up on trying to explain 'my' theory of Binary Agreement, and go back to evolving it and explaining here.

Over the next several weeks, I'll be posting, almost verbatim, that document I wrote for myself last summer that I referred to yesterday. It was a direct result of that thinking that I then continued to see how to turn it into a practical tool to solve problems and effect change. I run the risk of looking stupid, being laughed at, being mocked. As petty as that must sound, it's always been one of my greatest fears. I've always had the sense that if I'm not perfect, then I'm a failure. It's taken me most of my life to understand that there is a huge difference between being a failure, and simply being NOT-PERFECT. It's also pretty obvious to me that I haven't totally convinced myself yet.

So, my goal isn't to 'change the whole world'. It's simply to change the world for the better, by planting at least one seed. That's the goal I've set for the rest of my life. That's more realistic.




  • I'm Evydense
  • From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • And I'm tired of living in the shadow of narrow-mindedness and ignorance. So here's the fax, Jack! "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." - Lynne Lavner*** I'm confused; curious; satisfied; realistically resigned to being a frustrated idealist; usually at peace with myself, but not always. Amazed at how little I know, and wondering how much I need to understand.
More of Me