« Home | Googlewhack (serendipity) » | Hoe Do You Spell 'Aaarrrgh......'? » | 3-Dimensional Tag » | Speaking With Authority » | Non-sequential Processing » | Experimenting » | An Argument in Favour of "The Apprentice" » | Chaos Theory - James Gleick » | Musical Tag - and still more fractals! » | Fractal Critique - 104 Bummer! »

A Gift for an Angel

"If, instead of a gem, or even a flower, we should cast the gift of a loving thought into the heart of a friend, that would be giving as the angels give." - George MacDonald

This song is dedicated to Mackeydoodle, and her new friend "Nancy", as a birthday present. On the wings of an angel.




Lyrics for "Save You" by Pearl Jam

Gonna save you f**ker,....not gonna lose you
Feeling cocky and strong,.. can’t let you go,...
Too important to me

Too important to us,... we’d be lost without you
Baby, let yourself fall,... I’m right below you now

And f**k me if I say something you don’t wanna hear
And f**k if you only hear what you wanna hear
F**k me if I care,... but I’m not leaving here

You helped me when I was down,... I’ll help when you’re down
Why are you hitting yourself,... c’mon hit me instead

Let’s pick up your will,... it’s grown fat and lazy
I’m sympathetic as well,... don’t go on me now

And I’m not living this life without you, I’m selfish and clear
And you’re not leaving here without me, I don’t wanna be without
My best friend,... wake up to see you could have it all

Cause there is but you,... and something within you
It’s taken control,.. let’s beat it, get up let’s go

Oh you’re in your own world, let’s see the whole world
Let’s pick up your soul

And f**k me if I say something you don’t wanna hear
And f**k me if you only hear the treble in your head
Please help,... me,... to help you,... help yourself

Help me help yourself,... please want me to,... please let me to

Help you
_________________________________________


I wrote the following "self-talk" at Christmas, on a day when I was feeling particularly low. Maybe it might help someone else too, I don't know.


Rick:

Let this be your daily self-talk:

My plan for the rest of my life:

Set your goal high (set my goal high).
Set your purpose realistically (set my purpose realistically).
Set your action current (set my action current).
...and for the first time in my ever-renewing life, to my own self....BE!

_______________________________________________


When I found out the other day that I've likely lost a long time friendship, just because they're not comfortable around me when I'm "different than before", I added a new link to my "Sites of Interest" list called "Excellent Resource Site on Bipolarism". There are parts that a bit commercial, but there's also a wealth of "from our side of the situation" stuff, like "We lose our train of thought, what we meant to say comes out backwards, or the word we meant to say comes out a different word that starts with the same first letter." For anyone having difficulty with others understanding the situation, this may be a good site to direct them to for some information. Just a thought.


And finally, here's a link to a Kid's Angel Pin PEACE Posse program. I thought it was appropriate for today's dedication!



I lost a long-time friendship back in 1993. My friend said that he didn't want to be friends with somebody (me) who didn't have any other friends. He didn't feel comfortable being my only friend. That had never bothered him before. We had been friends since 1986--and he was my only friend during those seven years. Who can explain people? I thought true friends are people who stick by you through the bad times. I guess that's not always the case.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart Rick!!! That is so sweet!!! Brought a tear to my eye.
I don't think I have done anything spectalcular. I am just a caring person that cares about people.
Thank you for making me smile today.
I am going to download this song right now. ((((hugs)))) to you my new friend.

Well, Rick, what can I say? I can't say you won't get this from people? Nope can't say that. Many of us, have that problem. I only have one REAL, PHYSICAL, friend. GrampaSpeedo. Why? Not only do I have mental problems, I also have physical problems. It seems as though they think they will become infected or it will rub off on them. But as you see here, we keep each other pumped up the best we can from afar. Most, not all of us have something wrong, physically or mentally, and then there are those who don't, but can empathize. Some of us here have known each other for at least two years, long before we started Blogging. Since we are different, we come here where we are the same, in each others eyes, and are able to continue on.

Just coming by to say Hi Friend...

Well, I wasn't expecting all this! Here I've been "vibing" good thoughts towards DJB all day, and thinking what a simple thing mackeydoodle did that most likely has saved a girl's life. I'm ok, I have other friends....I learned long ago that people come and go in your life, and it's a door that always swings both ways, too. It was just a bit of a shocker, I suppose, over something that, from my point of view, seems so trivial. Clearly, I don't remember the whole converstion or what was said...maybe I said something I shouldn't have. In any case, I'll likely never know. It just goes to show again, I suppose, the power of a word or two, and all that's wrapped around it.

Thanks, everyone, for your comments and support.

Cheers!

R.

Post a Comment


  • I'm Evydense
  • From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • And I'm tired of living in the shadow of narrow-mindedness and ignorance. So here's the fax, Jack! "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." - Lynne Lavner*** I'm confused; curious; satisfied; realistically resigned to being a frustrated idealist; usually at peace with myself, but not always. Amazed at how little I know, and wondering how much I need to understand.
More of Me