« Home | Pleasure Profile » | Finally! Someone Understands! » | Prayer For Bad Times » | Fundamental Politics - Plain And Simple » | On Being A Person » | A Child's 10 Commandments » | The Wisdom Of Pooh » | The Wisdom Of The Earth » | And a Hap, Hap, Happy To Everyone » | Seeking Advice or Opinion (at this point it doesn'... »

The New Year's Resolutions Of A Procrastinator

New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.” - James Agate

A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.” - anon

A lot of what goes into making positive behavioral changes has to do with mental preparation. If you want to achieve that New Year's resolution or any other goal, you have to start out by setting some small, but realistic goals.” - Renee Britt



Well, we all know that this is tradtionally the time when we make promises to ourselves that we seldom keep. Strange, isn't it, that you yourself would be the person that you let down every year.

Anyway, I have come across an article in all these files that I've been saving which I thought worth sharing. If you don't agree....well, simply skip my blog for the next 10 days. That's because there are 101 suggestions, and I intend to bring them to you 10 a day (the bonus one will be at the end, in case anyone is wondering!)

BTW, I don't suggest that you try starting them all on the same day!

So, that said: 101 Wonderful Ways To Start Making 2007 The Most Joyous Year Of Your Life. - Part 1.



1. Make one new friend. Be receptive to the unlikely person - in your office, your class, on your block -- whom you've noticed out of the corner of your eye. But choose with care. "He who associates with the wise become wise."



2. Paint a picture, write a poem, express your inner self. Don't worry about talent. Do it for joy, enlightenment, serenity of spirit.

In the New Year
I will tell you "I Love you"
More often
I will love you more deeply
And show more compassion for you
I will let you know more
That you are the most important
Part of my life
And your happiness is what
Makes me happy
I want to spend more time
Caring about you and fulfilling
All your needs
I will fill your heart with tenderness,
Love and compassion
And I will fill your life with hope,
Inspiration and comfort and never
Ending love.
And last but not least-
I will fall in love with you
Over and over again.

~ Sherri Emily Avery ~

3. Try an adventure -- for the sheer delicious thrill of it. Climb a (small) mountain, raft down a river, ride a glider.




4. Open up an absolutely unprecedented conversation with your husband, wife or lover. Surprise the daylights out of him/her.




5. Count your blessings. You may find that you need the fingers of both hands. "Who is rich? He who is content with his lot" an old proverb advises.













6. Carry a camera everywhere. Start with the simplest kind and photograph whatever appeals to your sense of beauty, sense of wonder, sense of life. Winter sunsets, your lover smiling, babies under blankets, a rally for world peace.



7. Collect something wonderful. Antique hearts, Salt and Pepper shakers, perfume bottles, hand-carved picture frames, ceramic pigs, Early American quilts. If they're expensive or hard to find, it's that much more exciting.




8. Speak with a sweet tongue. Be slow to anger and easy to appease (In the Talmud, that's one definition of a saint).



9. Start a personal journal or diary. Get in touch with your innermost feelings, hopes, dreams. Tools: a loose-leaf binder and emotional honesty.




10. Take a trip to the beach in the dead of winter. Walk on frozen sand, listen to the roar of the ocean's waves (that's the sound of eternity). Guaranteed: Fresh workable ideas, insights, inspirations will appear to you.




(to be cont'd)




PEACE.



I really like these suggestions! I can't wait to read the rest of them... :)

Those are excellent suggestions!!!! Love them! We should all stop and appreciate life more often!!!

Lisa: Thanks. It's funny, isn't it, how we always say "I can't wait....". What happens in the meantime???

Shroom-monkey: Thanks for dropping by and for leaving a note. I agree with you....taken together, they're all "feel good" suggestions, and we need more of that in the world.

#6 will be the easiest for me because I mostly do that anyways!! LOL! But I like these, and glad you chose to add them here. I think it will be neat to read the rest!

Im all conversed out with the hubby - I think we have talked about the whole entire world. So now what?? :)

Post a Comment


  • I'm Evydense
  • From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • And I'm tired of living in the shadow of narrow-mindedness and ignorance. So here's the fax, Jack! "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." - Lynne Lavner*** I'm confused; curious; satisfied; realistically resigned to being a frustrated idealist; usually at peace with myself, but not always. Amazed at how little I know, and wondering how much I need to understand.
More of Me