« Home | The Wisdom Of The Earth » | And a Hap, Hap, Happy To Everyone » | Seeking Advice or Opinion (at this point it doesn'... » | Do I Need Help? » | The Grunch Who Gave It Back » | The Grinch Who Tried To Steal Christmas » | Well, Isn't Life Just Diggity-Dog Sometimes » | Modern Rules For Governing Your Life » | my computer is as Dead As A Doorpost » | I Am So Truly Blessed... »

The Wisdom Of Pooh

"Years make us old --- people make us wise." - anon

"Life is realizing that it always does." - anon



Now that we know the principle, we can ---
"Oh, it's you, Pooh."
Mufflewuffle Cottleston Pie mufflewuffle."
"I beg your pardon?"
"Tell them about Cottleston Pie --- what it means," Pooh whispered a little more clearly.
"I just did," I said.
"I mean, tell them what it stands for," said Pooh expectantly.
"Oh, of course. Thank you Pooh."

Pooh wants us to know that the words Cottleston Pie are a way of saying Inner Nature. So, by substituting that term for the last line in each verse of the song, we get:

Ask me a riddle and I reply:
Inner Nature.

Hmmm.
"Cottleston Pie sounds better," said Pooh.
"Well, how about this, Pooh?"

"Ask me a riddle and I reply:
"Things Are As They Are."

"Better....But it still doesn't rhyme,"
"All right, how's this?"

Ask me a riddle and I reply:
Cottleston, Cottleston, Cottleston Pie."

"Just right," said Pooh.



Now that we know the principle, we can look at its applications. As we have likely recognized by now, no two snowflakes, trees, or animals are alike. No two people are the same either. Everything has its own Inner Nature. Unlike other forms of life, though, people are easily led away from what's right for them, because people have Brain, and Brain can be fooled. Inner Nature, when relied on, cannot be fooled. But many people do not look at it or listen to it, and consequently do not understand themselves very much. Having little understanding of themselves, they have little respect for themselves, and are therefore easily influenced by others.

-excerpted from "The Tao Of Pooh"
by Benjamin Hoff



PEACE.




  • I'm Evydense
  • From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • And I'm tired of living in the shadow of narrow-mindedness and ignorance. So here's the fax, Jack! "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." - Lynne Lavner*** I'm confused; curious; satisfied; realistically resigned to being a frustrated idealist; usually at peace with myself, but not always. Amazed at how little I know, and wondering how much I need to understand.
More of Me