« Home | CREATION: A Sioux Story » | I've changed my minds again » | Self-editing in a toxic way » | Convergence? » | Tell me this is more than sheer coincidence » | BAT- In a Nutshell » | What's in a word » | Time in a bottle » | I am a dot....in the beginning »

Modern day Requiem to free speech

REQUIEM FOR GLOBAL FREEDOM OF SPEECH:

A picture is worth words: sometimes, unlimited in number.

In response to Google's acquiescence today to assist in building the great firewall of China, by restricting the search feature from concepts such as 'freedom' or 'Tianemen'.

Let us pray:



"When life hands you a lemon......."



















SONNET OF THE SEVEN CREEDS:

"Be pure," said Zoroaster, "Pure as fire,"
"Be just," said Jahveh, "Just as him that speaks,"
"Be wise," said Buddha, "Wiser than desire,"
"Be beautiful," said Orpheus to his Greeks.
"Be loving," said the founder of our creed,
"Be true," commanded the Osirian three,
"Be one with me," said Brahma, "and indeed
Thou shalt be one with all, and all with thee."
Lo, as the seven colored rays unite
To form one ray of pure and perfect light,
So in the mystic sunlight of the soul
The seven creeds become the perfect whole:
Pure, just and wise, and beautiful, and kind
True, and united in the Cosmic Mind.






AMEN




  • I'm Evydense
  • From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • And I'm tired of living in the shadow of narrow-mindedness and ignorance. So here's the fax, Jack! "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." - Lynne Lavner*** I'm confused; curious; satisfied; realistically resigned to being a frustrated idealist; usually at peace with myself, but not always. Amazed at how little I know, and wondering how much I need to understand.
More of Me