« Home | From Times Past » | Just So You Know... » | Have You Lost Your Marbles? » | In The Mood » | Bank Fraud » | DUH!!! » | Just popping in... » | An Update » | God Has Off Days Too » | A Trash-Mover And A Gully-Washer »

Okay, I'll Try This Again

The "again" refers to my previous post here.

This is the death remembrance of my grandmother's baby sister. As you can see, she only lived for 2 months, dated 1891.




And this, although the top part has completely faded, is a page from a Bible (dated 1813, "printed by Sir D. Hunter Blair and J. Bruce, Printers to the King's Most Excellent Majesty". (Cool the way the "talked" then, eh?)

I can't make it all out, but one part at the bottom reads: "Catherine Kilborn at Kingston on Monday 5th November 1832 at 1/2 past 10 o'clock P.M. a Snow Storm in the morning, the first of the season".



PEACE.



My grandmother used to write things like that down as well, so different the times are today.

JJ: It's a reference of people in the family, when they are born and when they die. In thi case, it would be recording her death. I have another page (probably from a different Bible) that documents the dates of the folks that I think I showed in one of those old pictures awhile back (the one with the old couple and five daughetrs). Sadly, it also lists 4 other children who all died quite young; one in infancy, one 2 years old, one 4. They didn't have health care in those days!

KS: Yeah, sometimes we get so caught up in today that we forget what got us here. think it's always worth a pause and time out. I look at this stuff from time to time just to remind me of that.

Post a Comment


  • I'm Evydense
  • From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • And I'm tired of living in the shadow of narrow-mindedness and ignorance. So here's the fax, Jack! "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." - Lynne Lavner*** I'm confused; curious; satisfied; realistically resigned to being a frustrated idealist; usually at peace with myself, but not always. Amazed at how little I know, and wondering how much I need to understand.
More of Me