« Home | Heart And Soul » | I Think I Need A Bit Of Help Please » | An Intriguing Day » | Ladies and Gentlemen, MayI Have Your Attention Pleas » | January 16 Regrets » | And The Bell Sounds For Round 3 » | The Next Batch - Part 2 » | The New Year's Resolutions Of A Procrastinator » | Pleasure Profile » | Finally! Someone Understands! »

Hope

Hope is a desire with an expectation of accomplishment.” -anon

Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have.” - anon

"When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always be worse. And when they are, we find hope in the thought that things are so bad they have to get better.” -anon

[by golly....it looks like that 'anon' dude was a perceptive individual!!]





George Frederick Watts, the famous painter, is perhaps best known for his picture "Hope", now hanging in the Tate Gallery. It shows a lonely, blind figure sitting on top of the world, listening to the one unbroken string of a lyre.

Although his work brought him fame and fortune, G.F. Watts set little store for material things. He often quoted, as his motto:

What I spent, I had;
What I saved, I lost;
What I gave, I have
.




[The above piece of writing is borrowed from the book "The Friendship Book" by Francis Gay, 1984.]

PEACE.




  • I'm Evydense
  • From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • And I'm tired of living in the shadow of narrow-mindedness and ignorance. So here's the fax, Jack! "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." - Lynne Lavner*** I'm confused; curious; satisfied; realistically resigned to being a frustrated idealist; usually at peace with myself, but not always. Amazed at how little I know, and wondering how much I need to understand.
More of Me