« Home | Curiosity » | ...And Now For The Rest Of The Story. » | More To Come.... » | Well..... » | Have You Ever Had One of Those Days......? » | If It Wasn't So Aggravating, It Actually Might Be ... » | PISS ON THIS (AND THAT "IS" SHOUTING!!!! » | Fru » | Tomorrow » | Natural Highs ---Part 2 »

I Don't Know What To Call This One

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense" - Buddha quotes"

"Downloading is definitely on the rise, but not because it's free - that's probably third on the list - but because it's immediate and the selection is virtually unlimited." - Don Rose


[NOTE: I was also going to include my response to the meme in this entry, but I'll save it.....I will do it, though! There's lots to tell here.....and I have to phase you all back in gradually!!!]



First things first I suppose. What was "the experiment"? I abused the word "blast" the next day when I said "It was a blast::, but since all of you got all curious and stuff, I thought I'd play along for awhile too. Also though, and this is a soft warm fuzzy to all of you, I suspected some of you might have started worrying a tad, so I wanted to put that to rest.


There was actually an experiment, though. I just woke up one morning and said to myself, "Self" says I, "if I were you" (and I am) I'd do something about the same old routine that you drag youself through each day. Switch it up, man! Get involved! Be different! So I started doing things like eating supper for breakfast (why not, it's still food!), one day I didn't take a shower, and the next day I took three, I got up in the middle of the night and wrote a letter to an old friend, I handed a toonie to the first 10 people I met on my way over to Safeway for groceries.......and the list goes on.

Speaking of Safeway's, there was a rather funny but "warm" incident one day. The lines were very long, the kids were particularly cranky, the clerks were growling, so I just sort of said loud enough for those around me to hear: "Anybody feel like singing?" I got a lot of strange looks, but then one lady who was 2 or 3 carts behind me started singing, and had the voice of a lark. Others started to shyly join in, and within 10 or 15 minutes almost everone in all the lineups was singing, talking with the person in front or behind them....what a beatiful voice she had, and she changed that store with her gift...one simple song.

[BTW: Did you know that you can now type under the "Compose" tab as well as the "Edit HTML" tab.....except for pictures. Kool!]



I really don't want to talk about this next topic very much, but have just a couple things to say. One of my buddies told me there had been a mass shooting at a school last week (which is one reason why I've given up on the "news" altogether).

I predict:

Larry King had some of the grieving parents on his show, and said "we know how hard it is for you at a time like this".

They interviewed some of the fellow students who gave glowing character summaries of their dead friends.


They interviewed students who either knew the murderer or saw him around campus, and said either he was really weird, or you'd never think s/he would do something like like that.

Dr.Phil would be on some show somewhere telling us all how to grieve.

......and then they'd cut to a commercial for Tide.

You see, they've done this schmucky routine often enough now they just pull the right programming package out of the drawer and let 'er rip.

It will happen again.

I find it disgusting.

And if you've read this and come to the conclusion that I'm a cold-hearted son-of-a-bitch, then you've missed the point altogether.

PEACE.





I got your point and totally see where you're coming from.

That lady may have had the voice, but you got it started! Nice way to improve the mood!

Nice to see you back too :)

Rick...you are the furthest thing from a cold hearted SOB. I wholeheartedly agree with you. The media is going to do this story to death. It is disgusting.
Let those damn people grieve in peace, and do not give that demon, who did all this, 5 seconds of attention.
God help those poor people left behind to deal with such pain & tragedy.

Rick,'
Glad you're back. I just love the story about starting people singing in the Safeway! That must have been fun! I can just picture it! Everyone lined up, strangers, nobody talking, and all of a sudden there is singing. Wonderful!
And no, I don't think you're a cold SOB....you are right on,,,,about Larry King, and Dr. Phil, etc. After all, its the United states of Entertainment.
I got the point, and hope others have as well.
Hope you don't mind, but I borrowed your poem, Tomorrow...yes, I copied it and put it on my blog. I wanted to make a point.
Glad you're back! Keep writing and I'll keep reading.

Yes, we were getting worried.
But since you were out doing such fun things well who can blame you!! :)

Yes the media sucks.

Post a Comment


  • I'm Evydense
  • From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • And I'm tired of living in the shadow of narrow-mindedness and ignorance. So here's the fax, Jack! "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." - Lynne Lavner*** I'm confused; curious; satisfied; realistically resigned to being a frustrated idealist; usually at peace with myself, but not always. Amazed at how little I know, and wondering how much I need to understand.
More of Me