« Home | Just Something To Think About » | Solitude » | Sedatives and Stupid Questions.... » | Hope » | Heart And Soul » | I Think I Need A Bit Of Help Please » | An Intriguing Day » | Ladies and Gentlemen, MayI Have Your Attention Pleas » | January 16 Regrets » | And The Bell Sounds For Round 3 »

The Story of Drugs




A few months after moving to a small town, a woman complained to a neighbour about the poor service she had received at the local drug store. She hoped the new acquaintance would repeat her complaint to the owner.

Next time she went to the drugstore, the druggist greeted her with a big smile, told her how happy he was to see her again. He said he hoped she liked their town and to please let him know if there was anything he could do to help her and her husband get settled. He then filled her order promptly and efficiently.

Later, the woman reported the miraculous change to her friend. "I suppose you told the druggist how poor I thought the service was?" she asked.

"Well, no" the woman said. "In fact---and I hope you don't mind---I told him you were amazed at the way he had built up this small town drugstore, and that you thought it was one of the best-run drugstores you'd ever seen."




Works with kids too, but only if it's a build-up and not a lie.

PEACE.



Ohhhhh I REALLY like this one!! Something like "you catch more flies with honey...."

Very cleverly!! :)

Post a Comment


  • I'm Evydense
  • From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • And I'm tired of living in the shadow of narrow-mindedness and ignorance. So here's the fax, Jack! "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." - Lynne Lavner*** I'm confused; curious; satisfied; realistically resigned to being a frustrated idealist; usually at peace with myself, but not always. Amazed at how little I know, and wondering how much I need to understand.
More of Me