« Home | Self-worthiness » | The Courage To Be Kind » | I Don't Know What To Call This One » | Curiosity » | ...And Now For The Rest Of The Story. » | More To Come.... » | Well..... » | Have You Ever Had One of Those Days......? » | If It Wasn't So Aggravating, It Actually Might Be ... » | PISS ON THIS (AND THAT "IS" SHOUTING!!!! »

Can, Care, Caring

"Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don't know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!"- Ann Frank


"A man cannot reason with the woman he loves: he cares about her too much." - anon


"But some emotions don't make a lot of noise. It's hard to hear pride. Caring is real faint - like a heartbeat. And pure love - why, some days it's so quiet, you don't even know it's there." - anon





The Word is CAN:



It may seem like a platitude to say that you can accomplish whatever you really want to accomplish. But platitude or not, it is obvious that the words "I can't" are the most futile, impotent words we can use and often are completely false. Of course, we need to weigh our desires carefully and not reach too far, too high, too fast. But make sure that you don't apply the defeatist term of "I can't" to circumstances that should be met with the attitude of "I not only can, but I will!"



The Word is CARE:



Everyone has a basic need for knowing that no matter what happens in our life, someone cares. The "silent scream" is often caused by a person suffering inside himself and feeling that no one cares. Today, let's all make it our goal to let someone know we care. Often a person may be lifted right out of a depressed state by knowing that someone cares. Stop and think! It is almost awe-inspiring to know that we have such power but may live through a day without using it.



The Word is CARING:



In the beautifully written book Peace of Mind by Joshua Liebman, a whole chapter is devoted to the subject of "loving one's self properly." This bears no resemblance to any type of narcissism, but rather to the simple process of caring. How much do you care for your body, your mind, your thoughts, your feelings, and all that is you? It is almost autmatic that when there is proper caring for one's self, there comes a greater caring for others.



(The above three excerpts were taken from the book titled: "The Word Is... A Treasury of Inspiration Gleaned From Everyday Words" by Ralph Rhea)

I picked these three words because lately they have come to the forefront in how I'm trying to face each day more than I have typically done in the past. I guess you could say I'm more proactive than I've normally been. I love my family dearly, but as I reflect back on my growth (and I concede my memories may not be accurate, but they are my memories nonetheless, and that's what I live with), I lived with a lot of criticism....that's how I, as a kid, interpreted it. I understand as an adult that it was intended as encouragement to always strive to do better, but kids don't think like adults, and so I developed this "poisonous" view of people who "cared" or "professed to care". I think I'm making great progress at unravelling that complicated, knotted ball of my past life, but there are a lot of knots to face, and it can sometimes be a slow process. Simultaneously, of course, I have to carry on with the challenges of today's life.

I will say genuinely, and with all my heart, the interactions I've had with you folks over the past year and a half have done a great deal in helping me face that old, over-worked "self-esteem" bugaboo, and for that I am grateful beyond words.

Thank You. You are wonderful people.



NEW LINK:

If you've been reading my last few blog entries, you'll have noticed that I've started conversations with a new "blogging friend", Matty. I have the address of her blog in my sidebar called "Running On Empty". It is delightful to read her blogs. If you thought Red was a great story-teller, I'm telling you, Matty will give him a run for his money anyday! She has a way of evoking every emotion that exists, so be prepared to pee your pants laughing, or soak your face crying.

And tell her I sent ya.....it's an ego thing!!



Memes:

I asked for it! Mackey has given me the "ten best things you like and ten worst things" starting with the letter such-and-such.... and then she assigns me a letter (she gave me the letter "D") . I also seem to recall I still owe you another one (through KSHIPPYCHIC and Mackey) from a month or so ago just before I took my break. Promises made....promises kept, so that one will be coming up shortly too!)

Have a great week, and I'll probably be chatting again in a couple of days!

Take care, everyone!

PEACE.



It's tricky coming up with things that start with a particular letter, that's for sure. Pays to get creative, than we can fudge things a little :D

VERY TOUCHING POST EVY.....I LOVE IT AND YOU ARE SO VERY WISE!<3

Thanks for the wonderful compliments! I enjoy your posts...always thought-provoking...oh, and you have great taste! lol.

Post a Comment


  • I'm Evydense
  • From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • And I'm tired of living in the shadow of narrow-mindedness and ignorance. So here's the fax, Jack! "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." - Lynne Lavner*** I'm confused; curious; satisfied; realistically resigned to being a frustrated idealist; usually at peace with myself, but not always. Amazed at how little I know, and wondering how much I need to understand.
More of Me