« Home | Seven Steps Of Forgiving » | Strange Things Happen In The Midnight Sun » | Violins » | "The repose of sleep refreshes only the body. It r... » | They're Worse Than Blackflies » | Leaning And Learning » | The Story of Drugs » | Just Something To Think About » | Solitude » | Sedatives and Stupid Questions.... »

The Assertive Bill Of Rights

Don't you ever wonder maybe if you took a left turn instead of a right you could be someone different?” -anon

You keep saying how this is wrong, and maybe tonight it is. But just to set the record straight... I'm a firm believer that sometimes it's right to do the wrong thing.” -anon

What is right for one soul may not be right for another. It may mean having to stand on your own and do something strange in the eyes of others.” - Eileen Caddy






1. You have the right to judge your own behaviour, thoughts and emotions, and to take the responsibility for their initiation and consequences upon yourself.

2. You have the right to offer no reasons or excuses for justifying your behaviour.

3. You have the right to judge if you are responsible for finding solutions to other people's problems.

4. You have the right to change your mind.

5. You have the right to make mistakes --- and be responsible for them.



6. You have the right to say, "I don't know."

7. You have the right to be independent of the goodwill of others before coping with them.

8. You have the right to be illogical in making decisions.

9. You have the right to say, "I don't understand."

10. You have the right to say, "I don't care."



PEACE.



AMEN!!

HERE HERE!! I AGREE!FULLY.

I like those rights, especially the 'changing your mind' and 'illogical'. Excellent, Watson!

Post a Comment


  • I'm Evydense
  • From Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
  • And I'm tired of living in the shadow of narrow-mindedness and ignorance. So here's the fax, Jack! "The Bible contains six admonishments to homosexuals and three hundred and sixty-two admonishments to heterosexuals. That doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals. It's just that they need more supervision." - Lynne Lavner*** I'm confused; curious; satisfied; realistically resigned to being a frustrated idealist; usually at peace with myself, but not always. Amazed at how little I know, and wondering how much I need to understand.
More of Me